Thursday 22 August 2013

Exactly why my blog is called 'Brazilian Antics'

Today has been a bit of an interesting day to say the least and i must say i think i've done pretty well to recover!
School was school and lunch was lunch and then cleaning my teeth and plate wasn't just cleaning my teeth and plate. I really haven't had much luck with my plate at all! I've gone from having the creepiest lisp, to losing the thing at school on Monday - the call to the guard on the gate to go and retrieve it is close to one of the most humiliating things I have to do here - and then today...I managed to snap it in half! I really have no idea exactly how it happened, one minute i was scrubbing away and then next there was a piece in each hand! I literally stood staring at it for 5 minutes and all i kept thinking was how many mothers I now have who were going to kill me if they found out! I quickly shoved both halves in my mouth so no one would see, and luckily enough had organised for to go into the centre with the new exchange student Austin, except our shopping plans were replaced with visiting the dentist!

I stopped by my first host mums work to ask for directions to the dentist and she literally had so many questions I swear she wouldn't ask if I didn't have something to hide! "Don't you have to wear your plate today" -  my best answer was " no not today", hahaha yeah she looked a little confused. "Why do you have to go to the dentist?" "Just for a visit". But there was no way i was letting her know I had ruined a tiny $1000 thing, I had owned for two weeks and hadn't even paid for yet!

Thankfully Austin didn't understand anything I was saying to her and since she can't speak portuguese was keeping my secret very well!

Anywho, after about 20 minutes of trying to find the dentist on google map, and another 15 looking for the place ( last time I tried to walk there with her we didn't find it...) I arrived and hadn't exactly figured out how i was going to explain my situation, so i kind of just burst into the place, said in very broken portuguese "ha ha I ah haha have a problem ha I haha broke this haha" and held it up to show her! Thankfully she assured me it was a very common problem and sat me down to wait for the dentist!

Once we saw him he really was so nice! The first thing I said was "so ah, no one really needs to know i did this right??" He was very understanding and fixed it for me with this disgusting something, a nod of his head and the day was sweetened with a little acai ;)

Moral of the story - I really am a big girl and can sort things by myself now!

P.s Hey mum! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment