Wednesday 18 December 2013

300 days!

I wrote this post at 300 days and never posted it so here goes!
This is a post i wrote a month ago and never ended up posting!

To think that I have now been living this crazy life is a little mind boggling! I have managed to learn another language,, find another family on the otherside of the world, and find the best of friends in a corner of the world i didn't know anything about 1 year ago!

I am going through a strange stage at the moment and i can't quite figure out why! I think its the fact that I am completely a different person and terrified to go home!  I now can't say I am as close to my NZ fam as I once was, I'm going to be a big old adult in a couple of days and I don't like that so much! the year of being 17 has been pretty darn fantastic and I'd be quite happy to be 17 forever! and I have made a new life with new friends and family! For once in my life I can't change something that i really want to, going home. I'm pretty use to being able to work hard and achieve something I want or beg and grovel until I get it, however this time there is literally nothing I can do.

School is nearly over! two weeks to go! and very few people have been going to school each day! except for me! I have been making the most of my last days there!!!

I've been thinking about a couple of things that I once thought were strange but never wrote on here! One thing especially is cleaning!

Cleaning the dishes is a strange task! Rather than filling the sink with water and adding dishwashing liquid, they add a little dishwashing liquid to the yellow sponge thing  and scrub each dish individually with this. They then leave the dish aside aside with the foam still on it whilst cleaning all the other dishes, and at the end rinse each dish leaving it to dry! Most people here also don't have a dishwasher, they wash everything by hand!
Then it comes to washing the floor! Th first time i saw this it was absolutely hilarious! As they don't have carpet all the floors are brick, or tile, so completely waterproof!
Th first thing they do is chuck a little bit of antibacterial solution on the ground, and then scrub it with some scrubbing thing to make it foam up ( i can't think of the name of it right at the moment)
They literally than chuck jugs of water on the ground causing a little flood which is followed by a thing to wipe the water into a drain (like the thing they use at the car wash to wipe clean the windows) and then they wrap a cloth over the wipey thing and dry it. However if they are feeling lazy they let it dry. Just the fact they have no problem chucking buckets and buckets of water onto the ground is rather funny.

I arrived in the hotel and there was carpet! I took of my shoes and couldn't figure out why my feet felt so strange! and then I realised that I hadn't felt carpet under my feel for 10 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment